Welcome to Halmstad University!
We want to welcome you to three days full of community, challenges and joy. Halmstad Student Union presents fun activities for everyone that start their program in the spring semester of 2019. We would be glad if you want to share this experience with us and all the other new students!
Halmstad Student Union offers one or two semester membership. If you sign a two semester membership, you get all three days for free. If you don’t sign a two semester membership, you can check out our awesome prizes below.
Here is the schedule for our three speedy days!
Sick War 17.00-22.00 at Högskolehallen, entrance via the Q building
• Take the chance to get to know your new classmates through games, and figure out what a gyckel is. Meet our bodies, mascots and other student associations.
• Prizes to the team who performs the best gyckel!
Board game night at Lilla Hjärtat 19.00-01.00
• Discover Lilla Hjärtat (the student pub) through a night full of board games and a music quiz. There will be drinks and light food to buy in the bar. You will also meet familiar faces from the night before. Don’t be shy, come as you are!
Quiz walk in Halmstad city 13.00-15.00, we will gather at Picassoparken
• Get to know Halmstad city through community, challenges and joy.
• The team with the most points will get a prize at the party later the same day!
Closing gasque/party at Lilla Hjärtat 18.30-22.00
• Finish these three days with a classic gasque. Bring your newfound friends and experience a traditional Swedish gasque. We encourage you to dress for the theme of the night, which is “ my home town is famous for…”. The party will offer food, drinks, entertainment and even some surprises. The bar is open all night.
• Tickets can be bought at the Halmstad Student Union reception. Let us know if you have any food preferences. Don’t forget that if you sign a two semester membership at Halmstad Student Union, the party is free of charge!
After party at Lilla Hjärtat 22.00-02.00
• You want to keep on partying? Lilla Hjärtat will now open for everyone whom wasn’t part of the gasque! Of course the bar will remain open for drinks and light food.
Thursday – Free of charge
Friday – Free of charge
Saturday – Quiz walk free of charge
50 SEK if you sign a one semester membership at the Student Union
75 SEK if you aren’t a member of the Student Union
You can sign up for a membership with the Student Union at our reception or at www.karen.hh.se. Don’t forget that if you sign a two semester membership, you get all three days free of charge!
Anyhow, either you are a member of the Student Union or not, you’re very welcome to participate in these three days. We’re looking forward to meeting you!